This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can I assign a Client for a New Ticket with Data in the Subject line of the email? Specifically Fname Lname?

Can I assign a Client for a New Ticket with Data in the Subject line of the email? Specifically Fname Lname?

• I don't believe this is possible, the assigned Client would the linked one to that E-Mail address where the update came from.

• Don't think you can take random names from the Subject and select a client from it.  The system as far as I know is not sophisticated enough to be able to grab specific data within the subject or body of an email.  Now you can have a rule to say look for a name and if the subject contains that name, you can modify the ticket to select that client.  But again that is a one to one exact process.  Be nice if you could mine specific data elements within the Subject and Request to act upon.  If someone knows how to do that please advise.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Technically you can by using Action rules.

But not ideal if you want to do this to all clients as you will need to set up a bunch of action rules for each client

To set up, you can add a criteria that checks the subject line (if it contains)

Then Action is to modify the ticket and update the assigned client