This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Request Detail blank when Orion alert creates a ticket

Hello!

I've been running into a problem lately with some of the alerts I am creating.  For the most part the tickets are created just fine, and have all the information, but I have a few alerts that create a ticket without a request detail.  This causes some glitchiness that we have to work around; we can't save the ticket until we manually enter the request detail, and when we do add the request detail the ticket has a tendency to lose it and demand we enter a request detail again.

I've tried copying the variables in the 'Alert Integration' section of the alert from a working alert over to one of the alerts that is not working, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Does anybody know if there is a specific variable in the alert that Web Help Desk looks for and uses to create the Request Detail, or if there is a variable or other option in alerts that messes up the Request Detail?  Or is there an option somewhere in Web Help Desk to have it auto-fill the Request Detail based off another field?

Thanks!

• Here's the deal - just struggled with this for weeks and through trial and error I have determined there are two relevant fields for the Alert Integration with WHD: message and 'Status Description'

message = imputed value based on the fields defined in the Alert Integration.  It concatenates the Alert Subject with the Alert Message.  This comes through as the ticket Subject.  
    Subject Detail - any filed you define as subject detail.  I actually don't pass anything as Alert Message and rename by Alert Message from the Trigger Action tab as Subject Detail here.  I cram my triage info in here and reuse this in the ticket creation and in emails.