This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bulk Action Bug - unable to save action to update Asset Type

Wonder if anyone has the problem:

I need to set a list of asset to a new Asset Type which I have just created.

For example, currently I have Monitor 17", Monitor 19" etc etc... as asset type. I have decided to consolidate all of them and just call it Monitor. And will use another custom field to state the size)

So what I have done is to create a Bulk Action, let's set the name as "Set Monitor Asset Type", so all it does it set the Asset Type to " Monitor".

When I run the action, it seems running okay - BUT nothing has been changed.

So I look more closely by running it again, and realise the pop up message box (after you click on the play button) say the following:

Perform Bulk Action "Set Monitor Asset Type" on these 30 items?

The following changes will be made:

[No Changes]

(To abort, edit or delete this Bulk Action, click Cancel)

So I naturally assume the bulk action was not saved correctly, and I was right. The Asset type drop down is empty. So I edit and save it again... only realize it is doing the same thing.

So in short, I have NO WAY to save my bulk action to change "Asset Type".

Funny enough I have no problem to create bulk action to change custom fields (although I will need to logout, log back in to see the changes)

I am hoping someone will be able to shed some lights on how to get it done. Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
No Data