This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Excel Templates download corrupted.

FormerMember
FormerMember

Each time I download an "Asset Import" template.  When I try to open it in Excel 2016, I get a message that "The file is corrupt and cannot be opened."  I've even tried opening the file in Excel manually, by doing an "Open and Repair".  When I do the "Open and Repair", the message says that "the file is corrupt and cannot be opened".  When using Excel 2016, I don't have issues with opening any other Excel document.  It seems that this only happens, when I download an Excel template from Web Help Desk.

I'm using Web Help Desk ver. 12.4.1 - Build # 12.4.1.983 as it's own appliance, running Linux.

Parents
  • Not sure about the Linux appliance, but running v.12.5.1 on a Windows box, we have the option to download the template as a TSV, CSV, or Microsoft Excel file.

I tried both the CSV (which defaults to MS Excel Unicote (UTF-16) file encoding) and the Microsoft Excel file type. I could open both files without issues using Excel 2016 on both Mac and Windows.

Do you have the option to choose different file types to see if they work? Or possibly a different browser (I'm using latest Chrome, 64-bit).

• Not sure about the Linux appliance, but running v.12.5.1 on a Windows box, we have the option to download the template as a TSV, CSV, or Microsoft Excel file.

I tried both the CSV (which defaults to MS Excel Unicote (UTF-16) file encoding) and the Microsoft Excel file type. I could open both files without issues using Excel 2016 on both Mac and Windows.

Do you have the option to choose different file types to see if they work? Or possibly a different browser (I'm using latest Chrome, 64-bit).

Children
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to justin.gray

I do have have the option to use either a (TSV, CSV, or Excel).  I've tried this on Chrome 64-bit version 60.x, and Microsoft Edge.

The appliance that I have WHD on is the Virtual Appliance. 

• If you don't have the option for either TSV, CSV or Excel then something is definitely wrong.

These options are available on the Import page, see the following screenshot if you're unsure.

image001.png

If you download the template after selecting a different file type, the download will correspond to the one selected.