This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Call Detail Records (CDRs)

We are gearing up for a future release, and are thinking about Call Detail Records, or CDRs.  I've received several requests to have IP SLA Manager support CDRs as part of our VoIP functionality.  Who else out there is interested in CDRs?  What business need or problem will CDRs solve for you?  Would you use them for billing, or some other use case?  Is there anything beyond the basic information (call duration, who made the call, who received the call) that you need?

Speak up if you need some CDR TLC!  :-)

-Craig

Parents
  • We'd LOVE to see some CDR support. Usually we use CDR records to provide reports to mgmt. on phone usage. An example would be the "performance" of our AR group. Having this in a WWW app would be best... and then have an Excel export option from the page.

Kind of exciting as this is really a new path for the product to take. The CDR market on the cisco side is really cluttered with a bunch of legacy programs, but nothing new. And by "new" I mean most of the existing programs appear to be written in things like the old Borland C+ judging by the graphics.

• We'd LOVE to see some CDR support. Usually we use CDR records to provide reports to mgmt. on phone usage. An example would be the "performance" of our AR group. Having this in a WWW app would be best... and then have an Excel export option from the page.

Kind of exciting as this is really a new path for the product to take. The CDR market on the cisco side is really cluttered with a bunch of legacy programs, but nothing new. And by "new" I mean most of the existing programs appear to be written in things like the old Borland C+ judging by the graphics.

Children