Especially for nigth time,VMAdmins want to get only true and critical alerts from VMAN. so We need to add business hour option to alerts
as WHERE clause value. This option will be a good feature I think.
Hi, there's an option to take business hours into consideration.
1. simpler solution
- on Criteria tab, "Base Alert On" pane use this xpath: "hours-from-dateTime(/virtualMachine/perfDate)"
- on Criteria tab, "Triggers On" set a time range
2. example of more complex option (setting of working hours 11:20 to 11:40)
- on Criteria tab, "Base Alert On" pane use this xpath: "if((substring(substring-after(/virtualMachine/perfDate,"T"),1,5) >= "11:20") and (substring(substring-after(/virtualMachine/perfDate,"T"),1,5) <= "11:40")) then 1 else 0"
- on Criteria tab, "Triggers On" set Greater Than 0
Note 1: replace the underlined virtualMachine text with hostServer, datastore, cluster or applicationService depending on Item Type of the alert
Note 2: evaluation of such alert may be longer than usual, especially for users having bigger environment
Note 3: it's just a hint, exact settings depend on definition of alerts etc.
SolarWinds solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base in the THWACK® online community. More than 150,000 members are here to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly contribute to our product development process.