Hyper-V hosts stop polling until manually hitting 'poll now' link

We've been having issues with polling Hyper-V hosts with VMAN over the past year. After a couple of SR's with support we were advised to upgrade to 2022.3 (which was still pre-release at that point). We finally did that recently (actually 2022.4) but I had to manually hit the 'poll now' link for each host before they started working. Since then we had a similar issue with all the hosts in a cluster that was upgraded, and again polling stopped working until I hit 'poll now' for each host. Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Parents Reply Children
  • There's a Status poll, a performance poll, and a topology poll - For whether you're trying to find out What's UP, what's hot, or what's where. The performance poll actually does most of the stuff you care about for virtualization (usually i've not got much hyperV in my env at the moment)

Check these places:

Table: SELECT TOP 1000 VCenterID, HostID, NodeID, PollingTaskTypeID, PollingInterval, JobTimeout, APITimeout, LastPoll, LastPollStatus, LastPollStatusMessage FROM Orion.VIM.PollingTasks

Look for large numbers and if there's an error. A long topology poll is OK, a long stats/status poll is not

Perfstack: Select like 5 days or something. Add the metric you care about, as you move your cursor over the timeline if it doesnt update position regularly you're not getting much data checked

Edit [object] page

Check everything with Poll and a number.

I think there's another good place to look, but worth a shot, been a while.