This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Nutanix Monitoring Showing Warnings But Nothing Seems Wrong

We set up Nutanix monitoring (Basic, not VMAN) and it is pulling a good amount of information that we want.  However, I look at a cluster and it shows it as "Yellow", when I click on that cluster, everything on the details screen is within bounds, nothing seems wrong.  When looking at what Solarwinds is showing as warning, it just shows "Cluster <NAME>".  When I click on that, it returns me back to the same cluster detail screen that I am on.

Is anyone else using this?  How do I find what Solarwinds believes is causing the warning state?  I don't see anything on the alerts list.

• Login to your Nutanix Console. The 'Health' section should be able to show you why.

• I've created an enhancement request.  Here are the notes from it.  Any votes would be appreciated.

(+) Nutanix Monitoring - Allow Cluster Status to be more configurable. - Community Feature Requests - THWACK Command Center - THWACK (solarwinds.com)

As it has been explained to me, when looking at the "Status" of a Nutanix cluster, the status is not reflecting the state of Solarwinds monitors, it is showing the state of the 800+ Nutanix monitors summed up in a single API call to the cluster for "Health Status".  I would like to be able to configure how status is being reported.  Example: Cluster Status Via API or Cluster Status From SAM Monitors.

We use Solarwinds to create system health dashboards based on basic criteria we choose.  For our day to day monitoring, we care about the CPU, RAM, and Disk utilization numbers and would like to see, at a glance, that those numbers are within parameters.  Unfortunately, what we see is the health status of the cluster based on all of the nutanix monitors.  In the case below, the second cluster is perfectly healthy.  Logging into the Nutanix Prism Element console for that cluster shows that we have a single VM with a misconfigured NIC.  Yet, Solarwinds is showing the whole cluster in a critically unhealthy state.

We rely on Nutanix Prism Element and Prism Central to monitor for the minutia.  We would like Solarwinds to only report on the items that Solarwinds can actually see and the criticality can be adjusted.

Because we can't configure this, the Solarwinds Nutanix Cluster Status is being ignored by the techs looking at the dashboard because 99% of the time, the warning and critical status is exaggerated.