This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ESx host in maintenance mode

Hey Guys and Gals looking for a way to pull up a list of ESx hosts that are in maintenance mode(according to vcenter not Orion), this info is available in the database.  From said list I'd like to provide a link for the user to utilize to go to that esx host, this doesn't seem to be available in the DB but is available via SWIS for the host table, but the inmaintenancemode column ins't available via SWIS......

any experts out here that can help me?

Unless someone has other suggestions I guess I'm going to have to save my DB results to a file and use the results via SWIS to get the URL's I need.  I wonder why Solarwinds makes some things so hard sometimes....

Thanks as always

Chris

Parents
  • Hi Chris, if we were to provide this kind of report out of the box, would you want to group by cluster or some other attribute? Do you want to exclude hosts? what are you using this report for?

• Hi Serena

What I really wanted was a custom pie chart where our vm team can click on the sections or the legend of the chart to drill down into the different sections.

Since there isn't a custom pie chart and the field I'm querying on isn't available via swql I had to go the route of a custom sql query and building the URL myself.

• Hi Serena

What I really wanted was a custom pie chart where our vm team can click on the sections or the legend of the chart to drill down into the different sections.

Since there isn't a custom pie chart and the field I'm querying on isn't available via swql I had to go the route of a custom sql query and building the URL myself.

Children