This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I bulk set the Layer3 topoogy scanning of Edit Nodes/ report on ones unchecked in the UDT section nodes missing in the database?

I am seeing a lot of nodes with disabled Layer3 polling in the UDT job status, is there a way to turn them them on in bulk?  I tried enabling them via manage pollers in all settings, but that didn't have any affect on the edit node page, or UDT Job status list.  I would like to be able to report on/alert on ones missing the setting as well as enable it so that I can see when someone adds a node to Orion but doesn't enable it.

Thanx

edit: Add more details/clarification

Parents Reply Children
  • Unfortunately, UDT does not expose any methods via API to enable/disable L2/L3 polling (unless I missed something). Changing the Enabled value directly in the NodeCapabilities SQL table is possible and enables the job, but I'm not 100% sure if there are no additional actions executed in other places when you do this via Edit Node. It would be great if Solarwinds added some methods / verbs for UDT via API.

What I did as of now, I set (via API) a Custom Property for all nodes requiring specific change (eg. disable L3 poller on L2 devices) based on the query shared earlier, then I could easily filter the nodes in manage nodes view and edit all these nodes at once.