This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I bulk set the Layer3 topoogy scanning of Edit Nodes/ report on ones unchecked in the UDT section nodes missing in the database?

I am seeing a lot of nodes with disabled Layer3 polling in the UDT job status, is there a way to turn them them on in bulk?  I tried enabling them via manage pollers in all settings, but that didn't have any affect on the edit node page, or UDT Job status list.  I would like to be able to report on/alert on ones missing the setting as well as enable it so that I can see when someone adds a node to Orion but doesn't enable it.

Thanx

edit: Add more details/clarification

Parents
  • If you are asking how to assign the layer 3 poller in bulk this is how I do it.

From the main screen

Settings - All Settings - Manager Pollers - Solarwinds Native Pollers then click here on the nodes

The group by however you want, or do a search and click the boxes next to all of the nodes you want to apply it to then click enable poller.

• That didn't check them in edit node.  But the multiple selection edit node method did work, as long as I didn't try to edit more than a hundred or so at a time.

• Yea, there's quite a few functions that don't work if you do more than a hundred or so at a time. Network discovery from IP addresses, importing custom properties, editing polling methods on nodes, etc. Something to be aware of. 

Reply Children
No Data