This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UDT port capacity report

Hi,

I'm trying to create a report that gives me switches that are using over 20 or 30% of their ports. This will allow us to see what areas of campus has less used switches or ports. I'd like to get a report that will report on a specific time of the day. 

Parents Reply Children
  • The UDT capacity report is current. If you want to see how it looks over time you'll end up with a very busy table and I wouldn't recommend doing it this way.

I would be tempted to create a custom chart for each switch to show port utilisation. This way you could easily see which switches have lots of ports utilised and which ones don't. You could even put in a threshold for your chart and this would lead us to an alert.

Hope that helps a bit and I know its not definitive but sometimes with reports you have to play with the data and see what works best.