Verb "ScheduleListResources" only works for few hours after agent installation

Hello,
The powershell verb "Orion.Nodes/ScheduleListResources" to list ressources for an agent does not always work
http://solarwinds.github.io/OrionSDK/2020.2/schema/Orion.Nodes.html#schedulelistresources


1- ScheduleListResources to obtain a taskid
2- GetScheduledListResourcesStatus on this taskid : will stay in 'unknown" forever


It only works a few hours after the installation of the agent, but after that, it will never works.

PS E:\Local\Solarwinds> $result = Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "orion.nodes" "ScheduleListResources" 3178
PS E:\Local\Solarwinds> $result
xmlns #text
----- -----
http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract 34211f82-563a-4f0d-8...

PS E:\Local\Solarwinds> Invoke-SwisVerb $swis "orion.nodes" "GetScheduledListResourcesStatus" @($result.'#text', 3178)
xmlns #text
----- -----
http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract Unknown


I have tested and reproduced this problem for month and on thousands of agents (4500)

Maybe it's a plugin or update or something else which arrive and block the good execution of "ScheduleListResources"

I need to rediscover resources for ~500 agents, and it does not work. Solarwinds "support" does not support this

Parents Reply
  • I have found another solution, as this verb does not work (and solarwinds support does not want to help on sdk)

    I have created a custom properties boolean "discovered" on nodes, "true" when at least 1 volume/interface exist, "false" if not.
    Then I have created 12 scheduled discovery tasks for agents (one by poller), filtered on discovered = false ; launched each hour 

    A another scheduled powershell script change discovered from false to true on each node with 1 volume/interface discovered

Children