This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"Unexpected error occurred. Generic failure" - Windows Event Log Monitor

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could assist me with an issue that I have been scratching my head with for a few days ... granted I am new to the SolarWinds platform so this may be an easy fix for a few of you Gurus!

We have 4 on premise exchange servers and Windows Event Log Monitors for each to monitor for backpressure (Event ID 15006). 3 of the servers are working and returning an "Up" status, but one is showing as "Unknown". To begin troubleshooting, I have unmanaged and remanaged the node, rebooted the server the past few days (as part of patching) and cannot see any issue server side, no major changes have occured recently either.

Upon checking the application monitor, I can see an error stating "Unexpected error occurred. Generic failure" as seen below:

I was wondering what troubleshooting I could perform to rectify the issue, I do not believe it to be an issue with the SAM template as the other 3 servers are polling a responce. I did not originally configure this monitor and unsure how this specific type of monitor operates, so any/all help appreciated. Cheers Slight smile