This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface Utilization Report

Built Weekly Interface Utilization Report which is set to run for previous 7 days and provide output. The report runs successfully however it returns with two sequential timestamps for each interfaces. The majority of records are close in RX Util (MAX) and TX Util (Max) but there are a some where the difference in utilization from both timestamp records is greater that 10%.

I have tried to change the sample interval to "show all values in database, do not summarize" from last 7 days and it did produce one record for each interface which was correct based on my review of some usage graphs. The report no longer runs and only produces an error at this point.
Newer to SolarWinds and uncertain where things may be going wrong two timestamps for each interface and ensuring the collection units are setup correctly.

Any guidance on setting up a Interface report to show max (TX & RX) utilization in a single record for the week interval would be appreciated. I have tried many methods to attempt to correct without success. Some element of the report structure is not happy and functioning.

Parents
  • Hi ,

What kind of error? Is it timing out? If it's a time-out I would assume that it's due to the scope being too large (i.e.: the report is for all monitored interfaces). Are you able to share what the content and charts layout is?

• Hi Martin_Crothers,

Yes, I am receiving a timeout error when attempting to run the report using the  "show all values in database, do not summarize" from last 7 days interval which produces a single record for each interface which is the desired output.

The report will run successfully if the "week" interval is selected but as mentioned that then produces report with two timestamp records for each interface. The report contains approximately 3K individual interfaces currently. I am really uncertain why there are two timestamp interface records being produced in that scenario. I have attached image of report fields for review as well.

• Hi Martin_Crothers,

Yes, I am receiving a timeout error when attempting to run the report using the  "show all values in database, do not summarize" from last 7 days interval which produces a single record for each interface which is the desired output.

The report will run successfully if the "week" interval is selected but as mentioned that then produces report with two timestamp records for each interface. The report contains approximately 3K individual interfaces currently. I am really uncertain why there are two timestamp interface records being produced in that scenario. I have attached image of report fields for review as well.

Children
No Data