This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWQL to find alerts sending emails and to whom

So, I had created rules in outlook that caught the alerts coming from Solarwinds.  I have to give a report to upper management of the alerts to each team, Communicaitons, cyber, desktop, infrastructure, and ops...  (these are the folders that used to catch the rules'...

A couple weeks ago, it all stopped working except to infrastructure... it is still working.  The others have stopped..

I have turned off the rules in outlook, but i am still not getting emails.

How can i query in swql to see this information?

To: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.CustomProperties.Notification_Group_Required} <br/>From: ${DefaultEmailFrom}<br/>Subject: Application "${N=SwisEntity;M=ApplicationAlert.ApplicationName}" on ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.Caption} is currently ${N=SwisEntity;M=ApplicationAlert.ApplicationAvailability}<br/>CC: ${N=SwisEntity;M=Node.CustomProperties.Notification_Users_Optional}
Parents Reply Children
  • I could not find a table that detailed out what those exactly are but I have figured out a couple from reviewing the data in there. Like you noted, they're not where I'd expect (the Orion.EventTypes table).

0 - Alert Trigger
    1 - Alert Reset
    6 - Action Triggered

I limited the query to the last 7 days (see the "AND DAYDIFF(ah.TimeStamp, GETUTCDATE()) <= 7" portion), that could be one reason you only see 615.

Another is likely due to the way I'm inner joining the nodes -- you could try removing that whole line "INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes......", and the "n.NodeName AS [Node]" line as well to see if that fixes it.

• Nope, I like it just the way it is   AWESOME!!  Thanks