This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Yall got a influx of spam bots on this forum. Anyone working on the problem?

Doesnt take long looking at recent posts to find an example, I dont recall this level of spam in the last few years.

Parents
  • I really dislike the lack of power in reporting abuse/spam/etc to the admins as you can't specify what the issue is. It's abuse or nothing.

As an aside, I today got a comment of mine (from March 1st) flagged as abuse and I received a "please tell us why you challenge this" message. Only I don't recall what I typed 28 days ago and the message is hidden - so I asked for a copy so I could respond intelligently. Instead I get a "your challenge was accepted" which now links to the previously flagged message.

That message:

At best it could have been considered as off topic, but it was a direct response to a direct question and ultimately it also got upvoted by the THWACKster asking.

• I really dislike the lack of power in reporting abuse/spam/etc to the admins as you can't specify what the issue is. It's abuse or nothing.

As an aside, I today got a comment of mine (from March 1st) flagged as abuse and I received a "please tell us why you challenge this" message. Only I don't recall what I typed 28 days ago and the message is hidden - so I asked for a copy so I could respond intelligently. Instead I get a "your challenge was accepted" which now links to the previously flagged message.

That message:

At best it could have been considered as off topic, but it was a direct response to a direct question and ultimately it also got upvoted by the THWACKster asking.

Children
  • I think that's a very valid critique of the community platform. I hope they're able to correct it so that you can intelligently respond to the report. 

Though without peeking behind the curtain, I wonder if any intelligent response to the spam prompt is enough to validate you as not spamming the platform. I see tons of 'add nothing' comments that are linking to other unrelated services offsite.