This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion list of supported device and versions for best monitroing

Hey,

I am trying to find out if there is a list of supported / tested product that can be monitor by Orion ?

I want to make sure that Orion is the right monitor tool for our environment.

For example, is there any limitation for monitoring of Checkpoint firewalls ? Is there any unsupported version / blades that are not supported.

Is there any list , or should i ask for support for each device we have in our DC?

Thanks in advanced,

Guy

Parents
  • Orion and most of its competitors are fairly agnostic when it comes to what you monitor. If the devices puts the information you care about into a standard format for monitoring, like SNMP or WMI then assuming your tools have the credentials/authorization to pull the information you can get it. 

Now if you want to monitor checkpoint you can. People have uploaded sample templates for SAM and undp pollers for NPM. If you want the same level of monitor they do for Palo Alto you might need to write some scripts to read from the Checkpoint API. And grabbing the stats on your own if no one has done it isn't hard to do, they even have training for free once you have maintenance for the products. 

It can be confusing to some what products you need to get the data you want. I suggest standing up the demos of Orion and a few other products. Try to add 1 of each thing that is very important to you so you can see what it takes to set up and maintain. Come back and ask questions about specfic things if you have issues. 

• Orion and most of its competitors are fairly agnostic when it comes to what you monitor. If the devices puts the information you care about into a standard format for monitoring, like SNMP or WMI then assuming your tools have the credentials/authorization to pull the information you can get it. 

Now if you want to monitor checkpoint you can. People have uploaded sample templates for SAM and undp pollers for NPM. If you want the same level of monitor they do for Palo Alto you might need to write some scripts to read from the Checkpoint API. And grabbing the stats on your own if no one has done it isn't hard to do, they even have training for free once you have maintenance for the products. 

It can be confusing to some what products you need to get the data you want. I suggest standing up the demos of Orion and a few other products. Try to add 1 of each thing that is very important to you so you can see what it takes to set up and maintain. Come back and ask questions about specfic things if you have issues. 

Children
No Data