This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Button in Modern Dashboards

Hi,

I'd link to provide a link to another page in a modern dashboard.  Is there a way to add an HTML Button/anchor to the page?

I know I can set up a KPI widget with a "details URL", but that's just not good enough and wastes a lot of space.

Alternatively, can I create a custom drop-down menu that will do the same thing?

Take care,

Vaughn

Parents
  • There is no built-in method to do what you describe and would like to know more about your use case. If it were possible to add such a button, where would you position it and how would it look? Would this button be configurable and available in the widget drawer in the same way as other widgets?

• Hi Tony,

Now you're talking!  I didn't think of it as a widget, but that would actually be a very good idea.  I'd like to start with a standard HTML button and style it out from there (size, font, colour etc).  The position can be handled by positioning the widget on the page where you want it to be;  just like all the other widgets.

Obviously, I might not want too large a widget, so allow me to make it smaller than the normal widget.

And while you're at it, why not design a whole set of HTML UI widgets.  For instance, I'd like to group a set of widgets together and draw a border around them with a specified background colour.  And I want to style the border (dotted, dashed, width, corners etc).  And I want a chocolate milkshake.

This is quite a rabbit hole you sent me down :-)

Take care,

• If it helps any, you can add a link to any Modern Dashboard to the global nav in the same way this Branch Office Summary was added to the online demo. 

Reply Children
No Data