This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Advance Configuration - EnableHtmlLinkSanitization Question

I have been looking into Advance Configuration (<server>/Orion/Admin/AdvancedConfiguration/Global.aspx) on the Orion Platform and noticed an option for EnableHtmlLinkSanitization (Enable sanitization for links inside HTML tags. If enabled only links to supported hostnames are allowed).

I am wondering how this setting sanitizes links as I was still able to access links that redirect outside the server like https://www.google.com. I have tried custom tables using the following SWQL query as the datasource with HTML Tags enabled for the columns:

SELECT TOP 10 Caption,  '<a href="'">www.google.com">Google</a>' as Google
FROM Orion.Nodes)

I have also tried creating Custom HTML and inputting '<a href="'">www.google.com">Google</a>' in the field, but it still redirects me to access to www.google.com.

Maybe I am using this option wrong or I misinterpreted its functionality, but I would like some insight to understand what the option does and how it operates.