This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NOC views have black background after 2020.2.6 upgrade.

Any ideas? Individual views are fine until you're looking at them in NOC mode.

• I have also had these issues in our SolarWinds environments after upgrading to 2020.2.6. Having a custom Logo for the NOC view causes it to also return as a blank image. Have you had any luck trying to solve this issue? Right now I have been trying to use the Custom HTML widget to manually set the background to white, but I haven't gotten much process on getting it to work... 

• I have also had these issues in our SolarWinds environments after upgrading to 2020.2.6. Having a custom Logo for the NOC view causes it to also return as a blank image. Have you had any luck trying to solve this issue? Right now I have been trying to use the Custom HTML widget to manually set the background to white, but I haven't gotten much process on getting it to work... 

• I may have came up with a workaround solution for the black backgrounds in NOC View. After digging around, I found that the HTML table class "ResourceContainer sw-dashboard__widget-container" was automatically setting the background-color to black.

I was able to remove the black backgrounds by creating a Custom HTML Widget and adding the following HTML code inside:

<body onload = "graybgfix()">
    <script>
    function graybgfix()
    {
    var x = document.getElementsByClassName("ResourceContainer sw-dashboard__widget-container");
    for (i = 0; i < x.length; i++)
    {
    x[i].style.backgroundColor = "#dfe0e1";
    }
    }
    </script>
    </body>

Hope this works for you as well!

• Same issue after upgrade on one deployment, and the other doesn't have that issue. Both installs were next next next finish all the way through with no issues.

THE ONE difference, is that one deployment with the problem went from 2020.2.5 to 2020.2.6HF1 using the full offline installer (roughly 5.1GB file), and the other one WITHOUT the issue was 2020.2.6 to 2020.2.6 HF1 with the offline hotfix file (1.8 GB).

• I put this in place, but found a problem.  I have two Netflow resources on my NOC mode dashboards that have Legends.  With your code in place, the legends fail to load.  The graph loads but shows this error:  "Error while loading legend."

• I opened a ticket with Solarwinds and got a temp fix.  Engineering is aware of the problem and working on a fix.  

Here's the temporary fix:

• Edit the file C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\styles\MainLayout.css
    • Search for table.ResourceContainer
    • Add the following above "margin" in the table.ResourceContainer section

background-color: transparent!important;

The table.ResourceContainer section should look like this:

• Save the file and reload NOC view

• FYI.  This problem still isn't fixed.  I updated to 2020.2.6 HF4 today and the dreaded black background returned.  I had to apply the fix in my previous comment.

• I can confirm as well, the fix to the dreaded black background is not fixed in version 2020.2.6 as I upgraded recently and the problems is still present.  I did apply the manual work around so the map does display correctly, but is still black within Network Atlas.  Thanks for the manual work around.

• Can someone from Solarwinds tell us when this is going to be fixed?