This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can installing the Solarwinds agent be disruptive?

It looks like installing it on an Exchange mailbox server (in an Exchange DAG) caused the Information Service to shutdown briefly....which cased database failovers in the DAG, which made our Exchange admin unhappy.

We use the Solarwinds agent for all our Windows servers. We generally install it using SCCM to automate the installs and have done that on hundreds of Windows servers of all sorts of flavours from Windows Server 2008R2 to Windows Server 2016. This is the first time I've seen it cause a disruption.

Anybody have thoughts on what circumstances could lead to disruption by installation of the Solarwinds agent?

Parents
  • The agent self-satisfies any dependancies it needs to function. These include things like the .NET Framework, and C Runtime. It's possible that an older version of one of those dependancies was already installed on that machine, and the upgrade of one of those dependancies resulted in a disruption in service. Again, this is just a theory, as I've never seen that happen before with Exchange. I've also have never heard what you describe happening to another customer either. 

• The agent self-satisfies any dependancies it needs to function. These include things like the .NET Framework, and C Runtime. It's possible that an older version of one of those dependancies was already installed on that machine, and the upgrade of one of those dependancies resulted in a disruption in service. Again, this is just a theory, as I've never seen that happen before with Exchange. I've also have never heard what you describe happening to another customer either. 

Children
No Data