Orion 2020.2.6 Upgrade Experience

I just upgraded 12 scalability servers (and a bunch o' modules) and the primary poller in about 2 hours. I was upgrading from orion 2020.2.5. I did lose the web interface update page with SolarWinds after it started. Not sure what happened - suspect a poorly timed network hiccup. I monitored the upgrade via watching task manager locally on the primary until the primary website was available and loaded the upgrade console again. I created a post about display issues with the all nodes tree, and have not noticed any other issues yet.  The new custom properties UI does work, and I noticed warnings about Orion local accounts which matched what I read in the release notes. The CVE's about the user elevation were the primary push for the upgrade. Overall a good experience.

Parents
  • Luckily didn't lose upgrade site this time but have noticed all of my custom api pollers are now broken, many of my custom modern dashboard widgets had settings change (including setting threshold to display linear bar graphs).

Weirdly noticing that perfstack widgets are showing bps rather than gbps or mbps. Not how it's showing in actual performance analyzer. 

Overall a smooth upgrade but lots of issues with widgets, sticky pollers (last database update was right when patching started, fix by changing to a diff polling engine and back).

Overall the strangest issue I have is that both my F5 appliances have lost the view option for "BIG-IP summary". It'll let me create a new custom classic dashboard but really don't get why it switched them back to default summary.... 

• Luckily didn't lose upgrade site this time but have noticed all of my custom api pollers are now broken, many of my custom modern dashboard widgets had settings change (including setting threshold to display linear bar graphs).

Weirdly noticing that perfstack widgets are showing bps rather than gbps or mbps. Not how it's showing in actual performance analyzer. 

Overall a smooth upgrade but lots of issues with widgets, sticky pollers (last database update was right when patching started, fix by changing to a diff polling engine and back).

Overall the strangest issue I have is that both my F5 appliances have lost the view option for "BIG-IP summary". It'll let me create a new custom classic dashboard but really don't get why it switched them back to default summary.... 

Children
No Data