This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Mixing Dashboards and classic views

Is it possible to have a classic view setup so I can still use the left pane navigation but have one of the tabs go directly to a modern dashboard that i create separately?

If that is not an option is there a way to have it displayed as a widget inside of a classic view.  I was thinking about the Custom HTML possibly but I don't want to have to waste the entire boarder that it shows. 

• Let me make sure that I understand the ask:

You want to use the left "sub-view" navigations, but have one of the items point to a Modern Dashboard instead of a traditional sub-view? (like below)

• What are the steps to add a dashboard when I try to go into the customize page or even the add page button in do not see an option to add a modern dashboard just additional columns from the classic views.

What you are showing is exactly what I am trying to do.  right now I am working off of a summary view.  

Is that only an option on certain classic view types? 

• I think you already know, but adding tabs (what I call sub-views because that's what they used to be called)can be added by clicking the Edit Icon, clicking "Add Tab" and then adding it in there.

AddingCustomTab.mp4

However, having a Modern Dashboard as a separate tab isn't something that's natively supported.  You may be able to find a way to embed it within a custom HTML object or mess directly with the database to get it to work (I strongly recommend against messing with the database), but it's not going to be a "supported" thing because it would be custom work.

What you are posing is actually and excellent example of a feature request, and you should totally put one in for the Orion Platform (or upvote one there if it already exists).  If you do create one, include images and as much detail as possible, including a link back to this post (and a link to the FR here so I can vote), so the Product Managers have a solid reference for the need.

• Ok thanks for the info, I was playing with using the custom HTML object last night and had some progress but don't like how I have the top navigation bar shown again.  Any idea on how to hide that, something similar to the old adding "printable=true" into the url?  I tried it last night but it didn't do anything with it.

I will add in a feature request in a bit as well.  

Will also link it here and verify yours reply as answer after I get that in as well.