This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMP Traps are processed slowly in SolarWinds

Dear All 

We configured our network devices to send traps to the SolarWinds and configure the SolarWinds to filter out selected traps to forwards to the NOC alarms manager.

It is observed that the traps sent from the network devices were slowly processed by SolarWinds, even the filter and forwards were disabled.

We generated around 60 traps at once from the monitoring devices and performed Wireshark capture at the Windows Server.

It is observed all traps are received at once at the Wireshark capture. However, we observed that the traps are slowly processed by SolarWinds, whether they are displayed at the Trap log viewer or received at the NOC manager.

May I known  if there is any optimization that can be applied in order to speed up the SNMP traps processing in SolarWinds ?

Regards

Antony

Parents Reply Children
  • And are you using the built-in version or the "I've paid through my eye, nose and teeth" to get the all new singing and dancing version that was previously baked in via the standalone app?

My understanding is that the built-in version is nowhere near as capable and when I asked the question, and got an oblique response from SOLW staff that yes, the built-in one is limited in capability and not as good as the app it replaced.

If built-in, I'd raise a support case as like others you've probably been hoodwinked.

• This appears to be a known issue when the volume of SNMP Traps received by Log Viewer is high. We are tracking this issue internally under LOG-4370 and hope to have this addressed in an upcoming release. In the meantime, you are welcome to open a support case on this issue, reference the case number I provided, as well as this Thwack thread. You will then be notified when a fix is available.

• Dear aLTeReGo

Thanks for your information. Our vendor has raised technical support ticket and referred this threat.

Hope good news is coming.

Thank a lot.

Antony

• Was a fix ever found for this? I've been experiencing the same issue for months with no movement from SW support