This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Dashboard using a report.

I have a dashboard and I want to see the components of a report on it, but applying the "View limittation".

There is a dashboard that I have not created but it is working; and when I check the Widget, I founded this:

May somebody tell me what widget this is using? I couldn't find it! This should solve my problem.

Thanks a lot.

Parents Reply Children
  • I'm using 2020.2.4 version, however; i'm trying to make a *new* dashboard. That's why the problem appers. Do I explain myself?

Thanks!

• The widget you are referencing above is reliant upon the Legacy Win32 Report Writer application, which was finally disabled in the 2020.2 release after being deprecated for five years.

It was a 'soft' disablement, designed to limit any potential impact to customers by retaining any existing widgets that may exist on dashboards, rather than remove them entirely or break them in some way. This means that those existing widgets should continue to function for a period of time, but that no new widgets of that type can be created. 

This widget was ultimately replaced with the Custom Table widget, which is used by the newer Web-Based Report Writer. This widget also allows you to reference reports in a similar fashion to the one you are using, provided those reports were built using the Web-Based Report Writer. Note that you can convert your legacy reports to the Web Based Report Writer using the migration tool located on the Orion server under Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Report Writer Migration Tool.

• OK!
    Thank you very much; I have been looking for answers, but since I am new to this product and someone else told me something different; I got confused. But now it is clear.

Thanks again.