This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What product do I need?

What I would like to have is our network topology (switches, routers, P2P WiFi and AP's) on a map with live data (uplink throughput, error state, utilization) so at a quick glance I can see if/where a bottle neck is and if a switch/link/AP is down. What software does Solarwinds have which will do this? I have looked at NCM We already have Solarwinds and NPM. I have looked at NTM but it's not live data (from what I can see)

Thanks in advance,

Parents Reply
  • Thanks everyone. I have created the maps and they are looking ok. Wish there was a was to scroll up and down as the zoom is doing my head in. I have 1 problem it has automatically generated the links for me which is great except 1 is wrong. The link between the sites. I have manually created the link but I have no way of removing the one it created. If I delete it, it automatically goes back. 

https://i.imgur.com/dGq36aL.jpg

Children
  • You may need to raise a ticket for this as for whatever reason, SolarWinds is seeing that as a link. It may be a bug or it could be something in the device configs.

I really haven't used Orion Maps much as it is so far from being a product that is ready for us to use.

• Scrolling or Panning in the Map Editor is done by using the space bar. Zooming in and out can either be done by the + or - buttons on the canvas or using the control key and your mouse wheel.

Automated links are generated based on the topology engine. If you access the Node Details page of one of those endpoints, and view the NPM Topology Widget - what does it show? If you believe a connection there is inaccurate, I would recommend opening up a case with NPM to review what topology is sharing. If you have created a manual link, you have the option to create them for one map, or for all "Orion", adding that to the topology tables so to speak. 

• hello, please discard your link again.
    Olivia Parcker , developer employee monitoring software