This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Offline installer & pending administrator service update

First time using the offline installer (from 2020.2.4 to 20202.2.5) as we recently went to an offline environment for SolarWinds, hoping some of you with experience using the offline installer can chime in.   Running the pre-flight check  shows a pending update for the SW administrator service which prevents me from running the update. The link states the administrator service MSI is available at downloads.solarwinds.com/.../AdministrationService.msi, however when I attempt to reach that link I get messages stating the site is unavailable.

So, the questions:

how do I get the administrator service updated in order to proceed with the offline upgrade? 

Are there any other "gotcha's" to look out for when running an offline upgrade on an offline environment?

thanks!

Bill

Parents
  • I experience this quite often when doing the pre-stage first, and then continue via the web-interface.

Some times the administration service fails to upgrade, and it's still on the previous version after running pre-stage. Or it removed the old version but does not install the new one. Both has happened to me during the last few updates at least. It still says pre-stage completed, because the SWA-upgrade is triggered after the pre-stage-completed message is displayed, and it apparently has no check for the SWA-upgrade.
    The fix is simple though. I run the SWA msi-file from the SubInstallers folder in the ISO-file, before continuing via the web-interface.

• I experience this quite often when doing the pre-stage first, and then continue via the web-interface.

Some times the administration service fails to upgrade, and it's still on the previous version after running pre-stage. Or it removed the old version but does not install the new one. Both has happened to me during the last few updates at least. It still says pre-stage completed, because the SWA-upgrade is triggered after the pre-stage-completed message is displayed, and it apparently has no check for the SWA-upgrade.
    The fix is simple though. I run the SWA msi-file from the SubInstallers folder in the ISO-file, before continuing via the web-interface.

Children
  • You are correct that this error can occur when pre-staging. In some very rare situations for unknown reasons, the upgrade of the Administration Service can fail, resulting in this error. If you or anyone else encounters this issue, please generate a diagnostic and open a support case so that our development team can determine the cause. 

Please also reference this thread when opening the case