Offline installer & pending administrator service update

First time using the offline installer (from 2020.2.4 to 20202.2.5) as we recently went to an offline environment for SolarWinds, hoping some of you with experience using the offline installer can chime in.   Running the pre-flight check  shows a pending update for the SW administrator service which prevents me from running the update. The link states the administrator service MSI is available at downloads.solarwinds.com/.../AdministrationService.msi, however when I attempt to reach that link I get messages stating the site is unavailable.

So, the questions:

how do I get the administrator service updated in order to proceed with the offline upgrade? 

Are there any other "gotcha's" to look out for when running an offline upgrade on an offline environment?

thanks!

Bill

Parents
  • If you have HA in your Orion environment, you need to run the upgrade on your active server. Otherwise, it will simply let you know that your is already up to date but it is not.

For the Administration service, have you closed any running SW application on the server (i.e. Service Manager, trap viewer, etc...)? (also check if another user's logged in). Once done, run the pre-flight check again.

Kinda weird that you are being asked to update something for the upgrade, unless the actual service is not at 2020.2.4. Do you see "SolarWinds Administration Service - [VERSION HERE]" in your installed programs (Control Panel / Programs and Features)?

• If you have HA in your Orion environment, you need to run the upgrade on your active server. Otherwise, it will simply let you know that your is already up to date but it is not.

For the Administration service, have you closed any running SW application on the server (i.e. Service Manager, trap viewer, etc...)? (also check if another user's logged in). Once done, run the pre-flight check again.

Kinda weird that you are being asked to update something for the upgrade, unless the actual service is not at 2020.2.4. Do you see "SolarWinds Administration Service - [VERSION HERE]" in your installed programs (Control Panel / Programs and Features)?

Children
No Data