This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgraded to 2020.2.5, now an oddity on the display

After upgrading to the latest code, I now have an issue on my main dashboard. When Orion is displaying Nodes with one interface down, there are now some extraneous characters displayed, &#183.

Thoughts?

• Can you copy/paste the interface description on the device as seen through the CLI/SSH?  

• WESTHW41SW03#sh run int g1/0/7
    Building configuration...

Current configuration : 672 bytes
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7
    description Non-Invasive Dictation Room - Syngo - #181150

WESTHW21EDGEL2-04#sh run int t1/1/6
    Building configuration...

Current configuration : 116 bytes
    !
    interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1/6
    description Clin FW02

As a test, I found that it does not happen on a port that has no description. Ports with no description in the configuration are given a short description by Orion:

• I'm also running 2020.2.5 and am unable to reproduce this issue. 

&#183 is the code for the 'middle dot' character. This is what is used to separate the interface name from the description when a custom description is used. See below for the comparison of the dash vs. dot for default vs. custom interface descriptions. 

I recommend trying a different browser and see if the issue is reproducible. If you are using Chrome, try using Incognito mode. If that works, then it's likely a cache issue. Try dumping your browser cache and see if that resoles the issue. 

• Interesting. So when I look at the interfaces in the Node dashboard, all the interfaces look fine. It's only at the Nodes with Problems widget where there is a display issue. The issue occurs in IE, Edge, Chrome, and Opera after clearing the cache.

When I inspect the code for the webpage, when in the Nodes with Problems widget, I actually see the character code:

but if I look at it Current Traffic on All Interfaces widget, it physically is a middle dot:

• Alright, while I may not have been able to reproduce the issue, someone else here was. We believe we know what the problem might be. I have logged this issue internally under NPM-17757 and I suspect a fix will be included in a forthcoming hotfix or Service Release.