We've been live on 2020.2.5 for about an hour now. While it seems good, overall, we're now hitting issues with our use of Modern Dashboards.
Issues we're seeing so far:
- If your column/swql names have a SPACE or SLASH in them you will get some not very helpful failure messages and the data will not populate.
- I have tons of modern tables with spaces in them and this took a bit to figure out. Now I have to update all of them. Boo...
- Complex sorting (ORDER BY) seems to be completely non-functional.
- There is a new [SORTING] option in the main [PRESENTATION] config for the modern tables for simple sorting.
- You can also click on headers now to dynamically sort. Nice!
- If you have more complex sorting using multiple fields and/or hidden values like I do you are out of luck. The [ORDER BY] directive seems to be completely ignored.
- Column widths seem buggy.
- At least in some of my tables, the column widths seem way way off, as in way wider than before for the same value. This is a smaller issue, but quite annoying nonetheless.
- The arrows to move columns has been replaced by drag and drop. This is nice, but...
- The column order seems to revert when you drop the column, BUT if you look at the preview the column did indeed get rearranged. You can save and then edit again to see the columns in the right order in the main editing section. This can get confusing fast.
- Column names that used to be perfectly valid that collide with SWQL terms will cause your table to simply not work. [Group] and [Where] are 2 that I have used multiple times. I had to change them all. You can make the display name whatever you want, but the SWQL column names cannot be anything like that.
- Visualization: Add a linear bar chart ... no longer working at all
I'm hoping some fixes will be forthcoming. In the meantime, I have a lot of things to fix - and a lot of things I can't fix yet.
Are there other things breaking that I've not yet run into?
(Edited to consolidate all my little posts into the main post)