This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Migrate SolarWinds Orion products to a new server

Dear Support,

Our old platform is composed by: NPM, 10.7, NTA 4.0.2 and NCM 7.2.2.
For the new platform, we started by the SQL Server installation (SQL-server 2019) and then we installed NPM in another server (Solarwinds-Orion-NPM-2020.2.4-OfflineInstaller) when the NPM installation finished and it’s connected to the SQL server, we installed NTA (Solarwinds-Orion-NTA-2020.2.4-OfflineInstaller) and NCM (Solarwinds-Orion-NCM-2020.2.4-OfflineInstaller).
So we wanna know if you can assist us to migrate old data from:
- NPM 10.7 to Solarwinds-Orion-NPM-2020.2.4
- NTA 4.0.2 to Solarwinds-Orion-NTA -2020.2.4
- NCM 7.2.2 to Solarwinds-Orion- NCM-2020.2.4
And how we can proceed ?

As a solution we need to do this steps:

- Backup the old database
  -  restore the old one to the new Server

- Rename the newly created Orion database
 - Perform adjustments step 8 of “Migrate Solarwinds Orion Products to a new server with a new IP or hostname”
 - Run the Configuration Wizard again, pointing to the imported database to upgrade it to the latest Orion version.

PS: the old server still in production.

But we still get some issues when we upgrade the imported database from the old server to the latest Orion version, the Configuration Wizard seems to be hanging without completing.

Maybe we need more assistance from you. Alternatively, we can give you access via TeamViewer or anydesk to connect remotely to my computer.

For more information of the problems, please check the attached files:

step1:

step2:

Step3:

Step4:

Step5:

Step6:

Step7:

Best Regards

Parents
  • Create a new account for that existing database. Even though you maybe confident you know the password for SA, It would not be a best practice to continue to use that account as it native to SQL installation. As long as you are SA equivalent when you connect to the database with the configuration wizard, The configuration wizard will create  local database account that has the right level of access. 

Going back about 10 years, I  recall upgrading from NPM 10 to 12.0 and I needed to install NPM 11.5 first to make adjustments to the database. Opening a ticket with support as others suggested might be a good idea. 

• Hello

I create a new user named "dbAdmin"

then  I want to connect Solarwinds with an existing DB named "MasDB"

please see the differents steps:

Always we get the same issue, please help me

Reply Children