This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Getting HBA details from ESX Host

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get HBA stats off an ESX 4.1 Host just like you can on a Windows box.
The ESX Host is running a clean VMWare env install without additional HBA drivers.

I just installed Storage_Manager_Agent-linux-x86_64-5.0.1.bin on the host.
sudo ./Storage_Manager_Agent-linux-x86_64-5.0.1.bin and completed the setup params to communicate with the STM server.

Confirmed that SNMP is enabled and opened port 4319 in firewall;
esxcfg-firewall -o 4319,tcp,in,stmagent
esxcfg-firewall -o 4319,tcp,out,stmagent

Logged in to STM web console and found the new ESX in the Unassigned group.
Configured the Agent to do Storage and FA. The HBA field is not in the Configuration applet!?

Came back after some time and could see that env and perf data has been collected on the host. I can even see the mounted VMFS volumes! :)

I tried again to configure the agent but the HBA field is missing. Ran a Agent Module Status and can see that the HBA Performance Module is offline. Looking into the HBA Performance Module details returns an error but no Error Detail is available.

My question is why can i not see the HBA setting in the agent configuration. Why is the HBA Performance Module offline?
What would it take to get it online?

Hope there's a simple answer to my questions :)

Deltona

Parents Reply Children
No Data