This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Detailed duration breakdown on wait and running times: Possible to track/measure

During peak database activity times, memory pressure is causing severe performance issues with many queries waiting for memory grants from the resource semaphore.  I'd like to target queries for optimization that are associated with large memory grants and long duration times.  However, when I filter the event calendar or Top SQL by duration and memory grants, the duration time includes the wait time.  

If a query is requesting a large amount of memory but is spending most of its time waiting for the resource semaphore but runs under a minute, I would rather prioritize a query that requests a large amount of memory but runs for an hour.  If the former query waited for 59 minutes but finishes in 1.5 minutes, then we want to look at the plan eventually but I want to see that is spent most of its time waiting.

Is this possible in SQL Sentry?