This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Assigning a different owner to "Other Assets" Based on Input field?

Hello, 

I and trying to understand how I would be able to assign an owner to a newly created "Other Asset" through Process Integration.  I know that you assign the owner by using the {{requester_email}} and {{user-var.email}}. But sometimes the person who is submitting the request isn't the same person who is going to be the owner of this "Other Asset". I originally built a Dynamic Form Rule to add an "Employee" field to these requests. Is there a way to pull this "Employee" field as the owner of the "Other Asset"? 

Is it even possible to pass these fields to the Process integration if they are coming from a Dynamic Form Rule? 

XML

<other_asset>
    <name>Key Fob</name>
    <description>Description</description>
    <site>
        <name>Headquarters</name>
    </site>
    <department>
        <name>Information Technology</name>
    </department>
    <asset_type>
        <name>Key Fob</name>
    </asset_type>
    <status>
        <name>Operational</name>
    </status>
    <manufacturer>Aurora</manufacturer>
    <model>110</model>
    <serial_number>{{Key Fob ID}}</serial_number>
    <user>
        <email>{{What would I place here?}}</email>
    </user>
    <owner>
        <email>{{What would I place here?}}</email>
    </owner>
</other_asset>
Parents
  • Howdy ,

You're so close, but yes! You just have to make sure the Process Integration(PI) doesn't run until after the Dynamic Form Rule/Form is completed. 

There are two potential options to put in, 1 being {{requester}} if it should be the requester, or {{custom field name}} if you're having them identify the owner in a custom field. Here's an example with a screenshot:

<owner><id>{{User Pick List}}</id></owner>

Hope this helps!

• Thanks! The issue was resolved with the method given. 

Reply Children
No Data