This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Updating new laptops before agent is deployed

What is best practice for deploying 1000+ laptops using SWSD? These will be handed out, unopened to students.  What I would like to do is import all the laptops into SWSD and update when handing out to the students. What I have discovered is importing by .csv and discovery by agent creates duplicate entries. Any ideas?

Parents
  • Nevermind. I found my mistake. I only imported my test group with 1 out of the 3 pieces of info needed for the discovery agent to recognize and not create a duplicate. I'm all set! 

• Hi! Glad you were able to figure it out. The main attribute we match on is serial number and then Mac address and name after that. So if you have two computers with the same serial number, which is highly unlikely, we will also drop down to the Mac address and computer name to see if its the same computer or not. 

Let me know if you run into any more issues while trying to accomplish what you are looking for!

• Hi! Glad you were able to figure it out. The main attribute we match on is serial number and then Mac address and name after that. So if you have two computers with the same serial number, which is highly unlikely, we will also drop down to the Mac address and computer name to see if its the same computer or not. 

Let me know if you run into any more issues while trying to accomplish what you are looking for!

Children
No Data