This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Why are custom form logic not being used when converting an incident to a service request?

When we are converting an incident to a service request, I would think it makes sense for the same dynamic form logic to be used in the form displayed to do the conversion.  As things stand right now, ALL the fields are displayed, and none of the logic I built to make fields required, etc, are being used.

Is there a reason to ignore this form logic when converting to custom forms?  Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi , this is a bug that we are working on fixing. It was missed during all the beta testing and our own internal testing but we are working to resolve it. The plan is for the dynamic forms to function the same when converting the incident to a service request the same way it works when creating a new service request. 

• Excellent news.

I have a support ticket in the queue that I've not heard anything on in over a week that seems like it MIGHT be related? One of our IT supervisors has an incident custom form that she set up a long time back to handle her department's incidents.  it stopped working, and we're not sure why.

Is this also being worked on, or is this unrelated, and I have to wait to hear from support?  Thanks.

• Hmmm they may be related but I think not. Can you DM me the ticket number so I can look into it?

Reply Children
No Data