External Integration?

I am trying to explore possible solutions from the product forums and documentation. I am not really seeing anything that could help. So I thought I would just post and see what is possible. 

Problem: For any newly incident created, we want solar winds service desk to generate a work order ticket in our system. I've been looking at Orion Integration and process integration. And had a few questions.

• With process integration can push out an API call to an external source? I don't see an example of that anywhere. 
  • With the Orion Integration, can SWSD generate an Orion alert for when an incident is created? 
Parents
  • FWIW, we are using the a couple of different methods to interface with ConnectWise Management(CWM).  Originally I was going to use Zapier, but found that the interface with SWSD was limited to New transaction types only so we opted to use email.  CWM, like SWSD, will create a ticket from email.  So we used that format in a Notification and have the Automation Rule that calls that either when it is assigned after creation or if its assigned at creation.  We still use Zapier to provide the ticket number from CWM to update a custom field and we also wrote a ZAP that resolves tickets in our system when they resolve it theirs.  Working on being able to share comments at the moment.

• Howdy !

Many customer create custom integrations with an almost identical use case as yours. I think the dilemma you're facing is,

"Where will this integration be hosted?"

A script would need to be written to check both tables and map the fields between the two systems, and that would need to be hosted somewhere outside of the platform. Historically, customers have used things like Heroku, but where you want to host a script to run is completely up to you.

For these system-to-system integrations, it can be a good little bit of lift. Many times, professional services from a 3rd party may be required.

Does this information help lend some clarity?

• Howdy !

Many customer create custom integrations with an almost identical use case as yours. I think the dilemma you're facing is,

"Where will this integration be hosted?"

A script would need to be written to check both tables and map the fields between the two systems, and that would need to be hosted somewhere outside of the platform. Historically, customers have used things like Heroku, but where you want to host a script to run is completely up to you.

For these system-to-system integrations, it can be a good little bit of lift. Many times, professional services from a 3rd party may be required.

Does this information help lend some clarity?

Children
No Data