This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Display computer name and IP address on Configuration items dashboard

Dear Team,

I would like to view my server name ie., (Computer name) and IP address against each asset configuration item on the CMDB dashboard.

-->I changed the views to display the IP address but only empty fields are being displayed.

--> I don't see a way to display computer name against the configuration item. Please help.

These are very much needed in every organization for generation of reports and better tracking of assets.

• Hi Girish.  When you edit the view, you should be able to add the column for "Name" as well as the "IP Address".  Here's a screenshot of how I did it in my system.  Not all CIs have IP addresses, but those that do, show up here.

In this image, AUS-VSR-SNG... is the name of the computer, with it's IP Address shown in the next field.

• Hi Joel,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried editing view. For the name column I get Configuration Item name (not the computer name) and for IP field it is giving blank values.

Here I need server/computer name along with CI name. It would be more helpful if I can fetch IP address as well. 

• Hi Girish.  I would recommend reaching out to support so they can take a look at what is going on.