This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Approval groups and 50% requirement

Hello,

We're working on implementing change management via SWSD, and are rolling out some basic CCI's as templates. We have a basic process built for each CCI, that includes an approval task/step.

I've built a group for our standard IS CAB group, and have set the approval task to go to this group and require 50% of the approvers. However, we're seeing that whenever one person from this group clicks approve, it marks the change as approved and closes the approval task rather than requiring 50% of the members to approve (which would be 3 approvals).

Is this working as designed or does it seem like a bug to anyone else? Is the only way to implement the 50% approver requirement to individually add approvers in the process flow? That seems like it would be cumbersome when the CAB group membership changes, having to update multiple change flows.

I just wanted to see if this is 'normal' before I log a support ticket.

Thanks,

chris

Parents
  • This is working as intended.  You can add combinations of groups, users, and variables for approvers to a single approval task.  Then, if you have it set to 50% required, any approval from a listed group counts as an approval for that whole group.  So, if you had a group like your CAB, and two different individuals listed as approvers and need 50% or greater, than an approval by any of the group members plus one of the two individuals listed would qualify.  So, if you need 50% from a group of people, list them individually as approvers instead of as a group.

• Thanks for clarifying and confirming that this is working as designed. 

Reply Children
No Data