Have "Send Notification" Automations Tie Back To Original Incident Record for Replies

We currently utilize a series of automations or workflow processes steps that send a notification to a user, notifying them or requesting further information. 

However, if they happen to reply to that notification that is sent via workflow or automation, it creates a whole new incident ticket for their response.  Is it possible to tie reference msg data into these notifications that ultimately include a link to the original ticket, so that if a user replies to that notification, it ties their response to the comments of the ticket is was spawned from?

Parents
  • I just discovered this bug today and it is ruining my ability to create a workflow with a well-formatted notification to a user.

The top of the email says "reply above this line" and it does not reply to the originating ticket context, it creates a new ticket.

This is three months old? When will it be fixed?

• I found a partial solution. Does your subject line on the notification include "Incident {{incident_number}}"? 
    Example: Incident {{incident_number}} - {{Incident_title}}

This solved it for me.  I can use generic email templates custom to the message and recipients can reply into the comments of the original ticket. 

Also, a neat little bonus, you can create your own variables in the body with {{anything}} and call them out in the workflow later..

I have a custom field on a request form for a {{location}} and {{issue}}, and then in the body of the email template, I created, I include something like:

Please create vendor ticket for: 
    Issue: {{Variable_2}}

Then, when I choose "Send Notification" as a workflow step in the request process, and choose my custom email template, it alerts me that it does not recognize the variables I called out and I can define them at that moment where {{Variable_1}} = {{location}} and {{Variable_2}} = {{issues}}.  It maps them for me which means I could conceivably create one email template that can be reused for various external support vendors and have them made aware of an issue at a specific location.

• Thank you so much for this!

I'm using an email template, so I had to set this as the subject line in the template:

Incident {{incident_number}} - {{incident_title}}

And this sent the reply into the ticket.

I noticed that when I did not have it set up correctly, that when created the Notification process step I was presented with an undefined variable field for the incident number.

When it was all set up correctly, I was not prompted for the {{incident_number}} variable.

• Thank you so much for this!

I'm using an email template, so I had to set this as the subject line in the template:

Incident {{incident_number}} - {{incident_title}}

And this sent the reply into the ticket.

I noticed that when I did not have it set up correctly, that when created the Notification process step I was presented with an undefined variable field for the incident number.

When it was all set up correctly, I was not prompted for the {{incident_number}} variable.

Children
No Data