This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Have "Send Notification" Automations Tie Back To Original Incident Record for Replies

We currently utilize a series of automations or workflow processes steps that send a notification to a user, notifying them or requesting further information. 

However, if they happen to reply to that notification that is sent via workflow or automation, it creates a whole new incident ticket for their response.  Is it possible to tie reference msg data into these notifications that ultimately include a link to the original ticket, so that if a user replies to that notification, it ties their response to the comments of the ticket is was spawned from?

Parents
  • Hello, mpuskar.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I did some testing and confirmed your experience.  I have made engineering aware.  In the meantime, I would recommend adding a line to the ad-hoc email, recommending to the user NOT to reply to that email until we can get a fix in place.

• I did hear back from support and it partially solved my issue.  I had to include #VALUE on my subject line.  For example the subject of the notification must include  "Incident {{Incident_number}}" and that ties the response back to the original ticket.  However, I am now faced with the issue where I need to create an account for the recipient, who is an external partner, who is simply replying with an appointment time. I don't necessarily want to manage 100s of external user accounts that simply reply to notifications to add comments to tickets. 

• I did hear back from support and it partially solved my issue.  I had to include #VALUE on my subject line.  For example the subject of the notification must include  "Incident {{Incident_number}}" and that ties the response back to the original ticket.  However, I am now faced with the issue where I need to create an account for the recipient, who is an external partner, who is simply replying with an appointment time. I don't necessarily want to manage 100s of external user accounts that simply reply to notifications to add comments to tickets. 

Children
No Data