This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

API - Sample Add Attachment via Powershell?

I'm very new to Invoke-RestMethod and have been successful at pulling the data that I want.   Thanks to a few posts I've seen here. 

But

One challenge that seems to stump me is how to add an attachment to an incident via powershell.  I see the api docs have a curl example.  I have not seen any PS examples and my poor brain is unable to convert the syntax of curl to Invoke-RestMethod.

Parents
  • Update: As noted Powershell 7 is required for -form support. 

I was able to get things to work.  Posting here my notes to help any future people searching for clues.   

Adding to the ticket.

$file = @{
        "file[attachable_type]" = "Incident"
        "file[attachable_id]" = "123456"
        "file[attachment]" = (get-item -path "C:\temp\Test.txt")
    }

$uri = "https://api.samanage.com/attachments.json"

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $uri -form $file -ContentType 'multipart/form-data' -ResponseHeadersVariable ResponseHeader -Method Post -WebSession $session

Adding to a comment in the ticket.

$file = @{
        "file[attachable_type]" = "Comment"
        "file[attachable_id]" = "123456"
        "file[attachment]" = (get-item -path "C:\temp\Test.txt")
    }

$uri = "https://api.samanage.com/attachments.json"

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $uri -form $file -ContentType 'multipart/form-data' -ResponseHeadersVariable ResponseHeader -Method Post -WebSession $session

Also found that when using the curl example on Windows you need to use double quotes not the single quote as shown in the API doc. 

• Note: You must be using PowerShell 7.x+ for this as the Invoke-RestMethod from previous versions does not support the -Form parameter.

Reply Children