I want to select a custom field as a column in my change list for the purpose of sorting chronologically

I've created a custom field called CAB Date, giving users the ability to select the date the change is to be reviewed by the change advisory board. I want to be able to add this custom field as a column in my Change List View so I can sort chronologically by CAB Date. I'm currently unable to select a custom field, is there anything I can do to include this or will this need to be a feature request?

Parents
  • is it a custom field or a process field? Custom fields can be seen in the index view but process fields can not be seen in the index view. We are actually working towards turning all process fields into custom fields to fix this problem along with other problems. 

• It's a custom field, but when creating a new change catalog item I'm unable to select this custom field within the main area of the change, I can only select this custom field under 'Process Fields'

• Sorry for the delay in response. Custom fields do not show up when creating a new change catalog item and only show up when requesting a change. This is something we are working towards changing with the move from process fields to custom fields. 

So while you can not see the custom field while creating a change catalog item, it will display when requesting as long as it is attached to the change form under Setup - Service Desk - Custom Forms. Can you confirm that you are seeing this custom field when you go to request the change catalog item?

• Sorry for the delay in response. Custom fields do not show up when creating a new change catalog item and only show up when requesting a change. This is something we are working towards changing with the move from process fields to custom fields. 

So while you can not see the custom field while creating a change catalog item, it will display when requesting as long as it is attached to the change form under Setup - Service Desk - Custom Forms. Can you confirm that you are seeing this custom field when you go to request the change catalog item?

Children
No Data