This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds Discovery Agent versions / updates

When I first deployed our Agent it was v2.0.7_2.0.5_1027_439
I assume once installed, the clients auto-update themselves, and can see the vast majority of our fleet is now on:
v2.0.7_2.0.5_1039_447

However when I check the version of the installer available from:  SWSD > Setup > Discovery & Assets > Installation Discovery Agent, I find:
v2.0.13_2.0.5_1039_447

Can you please explain the version number difference/s, and if there's any point upgrading to v2.0.13_2.0.5_1039_447 ?

Cheers :)

Parents
  • Apologies for the slow response. 
    The first three numbers in the version string, represent the infrastructure library levels. The rest, represent the agent, platform, etc.

Automatic updates currently apply to agent code (vs. infrastructure libraries). Therefore, your deployed agents are indeed pulling the latest available updates. 

We are currently evaluating the ability to auto update our infra libraries as well. If we decide to perform this change, you would be able to see that via the What We're Working On section in Thwack. 

• Apologies for the slow response. 
    The first three numbers in the version string, represent the infrastructure library levels. The rest, represent the agent, platform, etc.

Automatic updates currently apply to agent code (vs. infrastructure libraries). Therefore, your deployed agents are indeed pulling the latest available updates. 

We are currently evaluating the ability to auto update our infra libraries as well. If we decide to perform this change, you would be able to see that via the What We're Working On section in Thwack. 

Children