This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Looking to populate ServiceDesk Inventory from a .csv file

We recently converted to SolarWinds Service Desk from another tool and want to import our existing Inventory information into Service Desk.  We have our own asset tags that we need to be able to associate with the equipment and prefer not to do this step manually.
Parents
  • I did something similar using PowerShell and the Samanage API. I'm basically reading from a CSV export of one system, iterating through the list, and using the API call to map the desired fields and create new assets.

I'm happy to share a code sample and walk through how to get started using the Samanage API if you'd like. Just let me know!

• I did something similar using PowerShell and the Samanage API. I'm basically reading from a CSV export of one system, iterating through the list, and using the API call to map the desired fields and create new assets.

I'm happy to share a code sample and walk through how to get started using the Samanage API if you'd like. Just let me know!

Children
  • Hello, I am very interested in learning from your work with SAMamage API. I am having a challenge with CRUD operations when forming payloads for my web request.  Get requests can also tricky when dealing with page counts and would like to handle that better to get all data all the time.