This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How is SWSD different from WHD?

How is SolarWinds Service Desk different from Web Help Desk?

Can SolarWinds provide a comparison matrix between the two offerings?

Is there potential to migrate from WHD to SWSD for those who are interested?  Or will SWSD have to be a whole new setup?

I don't know about my colleagues or if I've been out of touch with the forum, but I did not see this coming nor do I recall any sort of product pre-sales announcement or preview information by SolarWinds, there was just some announcement like this one that SWSD was here.

I've cross posted this in the WHD forum as well to get some feedback from those currently using WHD like my organization.

Parents Reply
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to garciann

I think the biggest difference is the built-in Asset discovery/management. Most Help Desk/Service Desk needs to integrate a separate asset discovery tool. It also has a live chat feature which is pretty interesting.

Children