Reporting & Analytics
New: Advanced Service Statistics Reports Provide More Visibility into Your Service Lifecycle
Tracking the actual time incidents spend in different states or assigned to each agent is key to learning about your service desk's efficiency, bottlenecks, and workload balance.
We are glad to introduce the new Advanced Service Statistics reports that can help you get visibility into these new metrics:
- Average time in a State (Elapsed time, Business hours)
- Average time per Assignee (Elapsed time, Business hours)
Statistic 2 takes into account not only the last assignee but all the assignees that were part of the ticket's lifecycle, giving you a more holistic and accurate data point.
These reports are available as part of the Professional and Enterprise plans.
Let's look at a few everyday use cases and how they can be tracked with these new reports.
- Advanced Service Statistics Breakdown Report
This report allows you to track the average time incidents spend assigned to different agents or in different states and answer the question of "What is the average time spent per assignee, or per state, on tickets that have been resolved during a certain timeframe?"
For example, you can track the actual average time it took agents to process tickets over the last 7 days:
In the image above, we can see that Jessica's average processing time was x4 than Sandy's - the agent with the second-highest average time. It is also significantly slower than the rest of the team. That calls for further investigation. By clicking on Jessica's bar, you can reach a table view of all the incidents included in this bar and learn more about the reasons for that.
The yellow triangle marks the total number of resolved incidents assigned to each user during the selected timeframe. The faster agents process incidents, the more incidents they can resolve during a given time. David's example above shows the lowest average processing time and highest incident count. Looking into David's performance can provide you with some valuable tips regarding how to improve your overall process.
Another example shows the lifecycle of the incident by state and provides visibility into each state's net processing times. The yellow triangle marker shows you the frequency of each state.
This view allows you to learn about possible bottlenecks (such as “External Service Providers” in the image above), click on the relevant bar you want to investigate further and determine how you can improve the state's processing times.
- Advanced Service Statistics Over Time Report
This report allows you to answer questions like: 'Does the average time agents spend on tickets increase or decrease over the weeks?' or, "Does the average time tickets spend in 'Waiting for Assignment" state, increase or decrease over the weeks"?
For example, about a month ago, you noticed that your external service providers create a bottleneck in your delivery process. You decided to implement some new forms in the portal to facilitate their service request workflows and reinforce their SLA.
Over time, you started seeing a positive trend in the average time incidents spend in the "External Service Providers" state. At the same time, the gray line shows a decreasing trend in the number of incidents that included this state.
Like the breakdown report, this one is clickable, providing you with a table view of all the incidents relevant to each bar. For more information on the new Advanced Service Statistics reports, please see our technical documentation.
- Schedule Change Catalog Items (CCIs)
We’re excited to announce that you can now schedule recurring change requests from the Change Catalog page! This allows you to have Standard Changes run on their own without human intervention.
As part of this capability, the Change Catalog page has a new 'Schedule' Tab that shows all scheduled change requests and also allows you to update scheduled change requests.
As a result, you can automatically run change requests that need to be carried out on a regular basis. This includes the following use case examples:
- A change runs every other month to run software updates on all machines across your organization
- A change runs every 6 months to remove unused licenses on all SaaS software to reduce your license count.
For more information on the Schedule Change Catalog Items capability, please see our technical documentation.
- Now in Labs: Notifications Enhancements – Tasks Notifications, Group Settings, Daily Digest
As part of our ongoing investment in enhancing agents' productivity, we are glad to introduce additional customization capabilities and new functionality for group settings and task notifications.
Real-time notifications help you, your team, and employees stay informed and get visibility into essential updates throughout the service life cycle.
- New Notifications Index: We unified the 'Notifications' and 'Email customization' pages, which you an now find under the Service Desk menu. This way, you can configure and manage your system notifications in one place. The new 'Send To' column allows you to quickly set who would get each notification (agents, requesters or the list in the incident's cc ). Lastly, you can also filter the list of notifications by modules to facilitate your navigation.
- Additional enhancements include:
- The ability to turn off notifications for specific groups
- The ability to set task reminders for Ad-Hoc Tasks
- Different formatting options in email templates (like adding a URL)
- New Notifications
- Task Notifications (Task Completed)
- Solution Mention Notifications
- Daily Email Digest:
- Get a daily list of your assigned items and due tasks via email
* Please Note:
- Global email sections and other general notification settings have moved to dedicated menus under the Global Settings menu (Notification Settings & Email Sections)
- The 'Users own changes' settings is now part of the email template itself
To enable this enhancement: turn on the 'Notification Enhancements' Labs capability.
To enable a personal daily email digest: go to 'My Account' ->Settings->Daily Email Digest.
For more information on the Notifications Enhancements, please see our technical documentation on Notifications and Email Settings.