This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Welcome to the SolarWinds Backup Forum on THWACK!

SolarWinds has decided to make the world of backup a better place.  Secure, reliable, fast backups are critical to your organization, but traditional server backup products often make things unnecessarily complex – and expensive.

Managing ever-changing backup storage requirements and complicated configurations, juggling tapes, and checking to be sure each and every backup is successful, can consume hours of your time every week. Now SolarWinds offers a better way.

SolarWinds Backup is a modern, cloud-first backup service that protects both physical and virtual servers. While it’s a new offering here, the product is already trusted by thousands of managed service providers, who have been using it to protect their customers for years.

Please share your feedback, questions and ideas here. We want to hear from you!

Parents
  • Hi All, So I'm up and running with a few test devices - - I've noticed that if I use the Automatic Deployment then the system seems to add _xxxxx (5 random characters) to the device name in the management portal. This is also reflected in the email reports, which is very off-putting as it's not the machine hostname I wonder is there a way to change this or do I need to do something differently?

• David, you can add a column to the management console called "Computer name" that can be added to any email view.  This displayes the actual netbios / machine name instead of the device name created for the backup console.  We realized a long time ago that organizations end up with a lot of Server, Server01, DC01 named systems so we append the _xxxxx to help differentiate and eliminate duplicates in reporting that spans across multiple locations.

pastedImage_2.png

• David, you can add a column to the management console called "Computer name" that can be added to any email view.  This displayes the actual netbios / machine name instead of the device name created for the backup console.  We realized a long time ago that organizations end up with a lot of Server, Server01, DC01 named systems so we append the _xxxxx to help differentiate and eliminate duplicates in reporting that spans across multiple locations.

pastedImage_2.png

Children
No Data