This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CUSTOMERS SELF STORAGE NODES

Hey Guys, So im struggling here with Solarwinds a bit. I have customers who want to backup to their own servers, so I have installed storage nodes on their servers and am trying to get them to connect to their servers using my domain at godaddy, convexumcloud.co.za. They are not connecting due to authorization issues, and Solarwinds tech support is telling me that I need to have a static public IP address, or change the A records on the domain settings. Convexumcloud.co.za is obviously a static domain name, and im not sure what they mean by change the A records. My customers are off site most of the time due to remote working and do not have VPNS into their servers. Is there a way I can set this up that works, maybe using subdomains or something? Thanks